Match: Toronto Raptors vs. Utah Jazz
Recordings: Raptors (26-37), Jazz (45-17)
Where to look
Dated: Saturday May 1
Time: 10 p.m. ET
Site: Vivint Arena, Salt Lake City, Utah
The road trip continues.
After losing to the Denver Nuggets on Thursday, the Raptors travel to Utah to face the Jazz.
This is the second meeting between the two teams this season. The Jazz won first, beating the Raptors by a final score of 115-112.
Donovan Mitchell led all scorers with a game-high 31 points, as well as six assists and five rebounds.
-utahjazz (@utahjazz) March 20, 2021
Pascal Siakam, meanwhile, led the Raptors with 27 points, nine assists and five rebounds.
Yeah, count it pic.twitter.com/O1cvIdrbYX
– Toronto Raptors (@Raptors) March 20, 2021
From now on, every game counts for the Raptors, who are fighting for a spot in this season’s Play-In tournament.
At 26-37, the Raptors are currently sitting 3.0 games behind the Washington Wizards for the 10th seed in the Eastern Conference. Owners of the third toughest schedule remaining, they face an uphill battle when it comes to catching the Wizards with clashes against the Los Angeles Lakers, LA Clippers, Dallas Mavericks and Memphis Grizzlies looming. .
The Jazz became the first team in the league to land a berth in this season’s playoffs, but they still have a lot to play with with the Western Conference’s No. 1 seed up for grabs. Utah lost its grip on the seeded West on Friday night with a loss to the Phoenix Suns, so it could look to hold onto its home ground with plenty to play for.
Statistics to know
- The Jazz hold the third best defensive rating in the league, keeping their opponents at 107.3 points per 100 possessions.
- The Jazz lead the league with 43.5 3-point attempts per game and rank third in a 3-point percentage (0.391).
- Jazz forward Royce O’Neal has a match difficulty rating of 100.0 this season, according to BBall Index. The only players with the same rating: Lonzo Ball, Dillon Brooks, Luguentz Dort and Patrick Beverley.
- According to BBall Index, OG Anunoby has been the league’s most versatile defenseman this season, posting a 92.2 versatility rating.
- Anunoby has shone as a goalscorer lately, scoring 20 or more points in six straight games. It is the longest streak of this type of his career.
- Khem Birch scored a career-high 20 points in Toronto’s loss to Denver.
Starting at 8:30 p.m. ET on Friday, April 30
– Chris Boucher, left MCL sprain – Out
– Kyle Lowry, rest – Out
– Gary Trent Jr, contusion on his left leg – Out
– Paul Watson, left knee tendonitis – Out
Not yet submitted to the second end of a back-to-back
Raptors vs Jazz: betting odds, spread, over / under
Disseminate: Raptors +7.5 (-110), Jazz -7.5 (-110)
Raptors Silver Line: +235
Jazz Money Line: -275
Above / Below: 221.5 (-110)
Odds courtesy of William Hill Sports Book
The opinions on this page do not necessarily reflect those of the NBA or its clubs.